Creating Your Vision, One Board At A Time
What you think you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
There are times as athletes when you start to question what you are doing and whether you are moving in the right direction with your training, performance, and even your contribution to the team.
One way to help get you in the right direction with your thoughts, intentions, and expectations is to creating a vision board. A vision board is a visual representation of your goals, hopes, and dreams.
How to create your personal vision board:
1. Big picture, why am I doing this? Think about why your sport is important to you and and what is it that you want to achieve.
2. Intention, is the how. How do I want to go about doing this? Think about your current process and outcome goals. Answer the question of how these goals are helping you accomplish your vision.
3. Reflection, take some time to reflect on your intentions and figure out what words, quotes, and images match your intentions. You can do this by yourself, with teammates, friends, and/or family.
4. Visual: put your words, quotes, and images together on a board and post it somewhere you can see it daily.
5. Work in progress: as you adjust your goals and/or add goals, make sure to add and adjust your vision board as well.
Be creative with your vision board. For example, I once had an athlete that used her bathroom as her vision room. She cover the walls, mirror, and even the toilet seat cover with pictures, power words, and inspirational quotes.
In the end, your vision board is a visual representation of your dreams and goals. So remember, think it, feel it, imagine it, and create it!